Using a video camera in your race car seems like an easy thing to do…. grab your favorite low dollar HD camera, get a mount, and press record. If only it were so simple. For use in a race car, your first priority is to make everything automated!
- It must turn on by itself.
- It must start recording by itself.
- It must not over heat.
- It must not accidentally turn off.
- It must not run out of memory or battery.
- It must stop recording on its own.
- It must finish writing the video file properly.
- It must turn off by itself.
Motorsport environments are very demanding and most consumer grade video recorders are not designed for motorsports.